Re: Minor inittab/serial console question...

miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg) writes:

> I know what you want. You want to run "minicom" in a "screen" session.
> Start it once, detach it whenever you want, attach it later.

Hmm.  Interesting.  I've never used screen.  I'll have to see how it
works.  I was worried about security, but if screen forces you to
authenticate whenever you attach to a session, then that might work
well.  Would there be any reason I wouldn't want to have this session
started at boot time as some desginated user so that it's always
capturing that serial port's output?  Also, I wonder if minicom can be
configured to log all the I/O during a run...  I'll go see when I get
a chance.

Thanks