Re: Minor inittab/serial console question...

In article <cistron.874sgwm7lz.fsf@raven.localnet>,
Rob Browning  <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
> What I'd really like is some little
>daemon on the machine connected to the headless machine that watches
>and logs the serial port output, and that you could connect to
>whenever you wanted (access would be exclusive) to communicate with
>the other machines console and to page back through the log.  That
>daemon would "own" the port.  Sort of a virtual virtual terminal...

I know what you want. You want to run "minicom" in a "screen" session.
Start it once, detach it whenever you want, attach it later.

Mike.
--
... somehow I have a feeling the hurting hasn't even begun yet
	-- Bill, "The Terrible Thunderlizards"