Re: what are the "standard" programming tools available in Debian?

Thanks a lot for the great information - I was wondering about what I
needed to give my cheesy little programs a GUI..... ncurses will
probably work just fine for me. As far as "make", that's pretty much not
useful for a program using only a single source file, right? Also, what
about LINT? I'm not all that familiar with it, but it sounds like a
syntax checker, or some such thing for C programs? Any other .deb
packages that can make programming easier for a relative newbie?