Re: emacs or xemacs ?

"Richard E. Hawkins" <hawk@hawkins.cba.uni.edu> writes:

> also, using emacs on CCIE (*Control Key In Exile) keyboard, causing
> enough long reaches on my little finger sthat I had to see a quack,
> is probably part (put a minor part) of my avoiding either.

You probably know this, but you can easily remap caps-lock etc. to be
control...  Also, you can get a better keyboard for about $3 at
goodwill here.  Of course that still won't help you if you prefer
vim ... nothing will :>

(holy-war-aversion-disclaimer: Yes, that was a joke, and yes, I prefer
 emacs, but no, I don't think it's for everyone, and yes, I have used
 vi (minimally), and can understand the appeal.)

FWIW