Re: Whay can't GDB or DDD find my source code?

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 12:15:49AM -0500, rich wrote:
> I am compiling a C program like so....
>
> gcc -o -g foo foo.c
>
> alternatively....
>
> gcc -o -ggdb foo foo.c
>
> When I run gdb, I get "(no debugging symbols found)"

Hmm. Can't help here. It looks like it to me, though I might suggest
re-ordering your command line args -- gcc -h -o foo foo.c though I really
doubt that will have any effect.

> When I run ddd, I get "GDB cannot find the source code of your program"
> I'm running everything from the same directory, and have tried gdb
> ./foo, etc.

When I tried ddd it took me several tries to get it to open the source code
along with everything else. I can't remember if I specified the source on
the command line, or if I had to edit the preferences to tell it where it
could find the sources, or if I was screwing up the "file|open source"
command. (Cool command name... :)