Re: E-mail client for POP3?

Juli-Manel Merino Vidal wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 06:03:22AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
>

> > Which boils down to this: fetching from the server is not a real
> > good solution for me. Is there a text-based email client that
> > uses IMAP rather than POP? Alternatively, if fetchmail had an
> > option to fetch my messages, let me read them and delete 90% of
> > them, then let me fetch again with some option to delete messages
> > from the server that I've deleted from mutt, that would work
> > also, but I haven't been able to find such an option.
> >
> > (I just realized the topic of this thread, started by David, is
> > about POP instead of IMAP, so this rambling doesn't really belong
> > here -- sorry.)
> >

> There is pine that support IMAP (in text mode), but it's not GNU GPL.
> Another thing you can do is share /var/spool/mail, so both boxes will
> share the mailboxes. Use NFS, for example.

Thanks for the response; I was hoping to shy away from Pine since it's
not GNU GPL (but then, why am I using Netscape and WordPerfect?), but I
may have to go that route. Sharing /var/spool/mail still puts the mail
on a box that isn't getting backed up, so I'm not real comfortable doing
that either.

Oh well, life is full of compromises (but why do I always have to be the
one doing the compromising?)   :-)

Thanks anyway!