X Configuration

Hi all

I have just downloaded X onto my Linux box and this time I am determined to
get it up and running. The configuration did not go by the book so I am now
wondering is there a FAQ or something that I can go to. I just get a blank
screen and when I try to change virtual console I get video back and a
message to the effect that the Xserver did not start.

Any help would be much appreciated.

    __ _   Debian GNU User
   / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __   Simon Martin
  / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /   Project Manager
 \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\   mailto: smartin@isys.cl