Re: Suggestion for a WM on a slow machine

I agree. I tried Enlightenment out over the weekend and was thoroughly unimpressed. It was very slow, and all those gibberish icons made no sense. No offense, but it seemed like it was designed by some high school kid who likes to play games all the time. Too much flash.

Window Maker isn't bad though.

But I also like icewm. It's very boring, but ver intuitive.

-Dave

>>> <mcclosk@ling.ucsc.edu> 9/13/99 10:26:35 AM >>>
I like asclassic. This is an old version of Afterstep---frozen at
around the version 1.2 level and maintained by Joseph Carter. This is
for people who (like me) find the newer window managers such as
Windowmaker, Enlightenment or more recent versions of Afterstep to be
too taken with eye-candy and too resource-hungry.