Re: Printer stair stepping

> My printer, an HP694C, does the stair-stepping thing. When I set up Mandrake, there was an automatic fix for this during set up. What can I do with Slink to fix this?
>
> Also, I use lpr. Is this the preferred way for printing with Debian?

Well... The solution I found wasn't really 'The Debian Way' of doing it, but worked perfectly...

I just installed the lpr & magicfilter DEB's via DPKG & RedHat's printtool (& control-panel, needed by printtool) via alien, and now my printing is just fine (probably
exactly the same way as Mandrake's... ;-)