Re: Installation Problem

This is based on something I read in Linux Journal a little while back..

md is more than just for scsi devices. It allows you to specify raid0 and
raid1 (possibly also raid5?) for ide or scsi hard drives. You can turn three
physical hardrives into one logical partition, with striping, without
striping, maybe even with redundancy, though I am a bit foggy on those
details.

I looked at it, decided it would probably make recovering from a hard drive
bit-flipping situation harder, and left it alone. I don't mind so much
moutning my extra drives in other spots, though I can certainly see where it
would be useful.

btw -- it would help many people if you were to line-wrap at 74 to 76
characters per line. :)