Re: DHCPcd problems - No valid Server response

On Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 06:43:08AM +0000, bryan.scaringe@computer.org wrote:
> Have you tried running dhcpcd-sv rather than dhcpcd?
>
> Bryan
>

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I'm at the end of my wit here... I can't get my Linux box (running
> >> slink)
> >> to communicate with the DHCP server at my office.
> >>
> >> Windows 95 no problem.
> >>
> >> Static IP under Linux used to be no problem.
> >>
> >> (I updated to kernel 2.2.10 and to the dhcpcd 1.3.x package)
> >>
> >> Sigh....
> >>
> >> Renald

Yup, I tried and tried and tried... Even compiled the latest versions of
it, but it still didn't work. Until I turned on the kernel-compile option
CONFIG_PACKET and CONFIG_IP_PNP. Then it worked -- although it takes now
about 10 secs instead of .5 secs to configure the network... But at least
its working now. Maybe the HOWTO should be a bit more specific... Or maybe
I should have figured the hint about SOCKET_PACKET in the README is really
about CONFIG_PACKET?

Grt,

Renald Buter