Num lock disables alt- and ctrl-key shortcuts?

[This message has also been posted.]
I've just noticed that both Adobe's Acrobat Reader 3 and RealMedia's
Realplayer G2 have an interesting behavior:  if NumLock is activated,
their keyboard shortcuts that require shifted keys, like Alt-F for
the File menu or ^P for Print, don't work.  On the other hand,
StarOffice 5.1's shortcuts work fine with NumLock on.

I'd like to report the bug, but I'm not sure to whom.  Since it
appears in other apps, but not StarOffice, I'm suspecting it's in
some X library.  (StarOffice uses its own libraries for many
functions, which might explain why it's immune.)  Anyone out there
have an insight as to where this should be reported?

Running slink with a couple of potato packages, XFree86 3.3.2.3.

Thanks.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum