mail 2 news: How to handle crossposts

Hello,

I have been experimenting with using mail2news in order to read the
Debian mailing lists. I have problems dealing with cross posts. Let me
explain:

eg I am subscribed to debian-policy as
bam-debian-policy@snoopy.org.au. My .forward-debian-policy
file contains:

"|/usr/bin/mail2news -n local.lists.debian.policy -x internet -o 'Snoopys Gateway' -S || true"

Similarly, for debian-policy:

[580] [snoopy:bam] ~ >cat .forward-debian-hurd
"|/usr/bin/mail2news -n local.lists.debian.hurd -x internet -o 'Snoopys Gateway' -S || true"

Note the "| true" part at the end. That is in case the message is
rejected, because if it is a duplicate (eg if it has been cross-posted to
both debian-policy and debian-hurd), I don't want it to send a bounce message
back to the mailing list. I consider it an ugly hack. It doesn't
even seem to be documented in mail2news documentation.

What is the recommended way of dealing with cross-posts? I would
rather have them show up in news as... umph... cross posts ;-).
I suspect this might be easier said then done though.

--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>