Re: 2.2.* on slink

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, John R. Sheets wrote:

> Does this also apply to the 2.2 kernel in unstable?  I was thinking
> about upgrading my kernel, but if that'll prevent me from using ipx, I
> won't bother.  (I'm running off a 2.1 dist with a bunch of stuff
> upgraded to unstable, but not the kernel.)

I think the answer is "yes, it apply to 2.2. in unstable". The problem is
with the kernel itself. At least until 2.2.12, the problem persists. Don't
know if there are newer patches available. Need to check.

> Also, do I have to recompile the kernel to get ipx support?  I currently
> have the stock 2.0.36-3 kernel.

Well, I always recompile the kernel, so I didn't know if the stock 2.2.x
kernel has the ipx support compiled in it.