Re: Has ANYONE installed from vfat copied distributuon, HOW?

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 17:15:03 -0700, John Miskinis wrote:
> HAS ANYONE EVER INSTALLED PACKAGES FROM A VFAT FILE SYSTEM such
> as this?

Yes, more or less.

> Can I somehow "hack" up the directories to simulate the links?

An easier solution is just to install the base system (you should be able to
write the floppies under Windows), boot into it, then mount your CD and do
	dpkg --recursive --record-avail /cdrom
(repeat for the second CD if you have one).
This updates dpkg/dselect's notion of where the files are, and should make
it possible to install packages using dselect from then on.

HTH,
Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go