Re: Problem with ISA Kingston ethernet card

> The card is a KNE2021LC, ISA, made by Kingston. I use the normal NE2000 ISA
> drivers. The card appears to be detected correctly but fails to work if I try
> to transmit anything on it.

I guess you did it but it never hurts to make sure: Are the modules get
loaded/compiled into the kernel ? Are the configurations files correct ?

>There is no error message. I tried changing IRQ,
> but that did not work. I used the test programs provided by Kingston and they
> ran fine. The card runs fine under windows too. I tried on two different linux
> pc and neither could use it. Any idea?

I have an odd problem with an NE2000 ISA card. It also does not do it job after rebooting the machine unless I unplug the cable and then restore it back. It is like this action triggers the card to start do its network job. Perhaps this is your problem too ? Has anyone else encounters it and/or knows/have suggestions how it can be solved ?