Re: IDE CD-R drive via ide-scsi

Okay, listen
here's the deal: you need to take OUT ide-cd support
leave in scsi-emulation, scsi-generic, scsi-cdrom......
now ./MAKDEV sg
I'm pretty sure that the /dev/scd* come pre-made
the important thing is to see if you get messages like this on bootup:
scsi0 : AdvanSys SCSI 3.1E: PCI 20 CDB: IO E400/F, IRQ 9
scsi1 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
scsi : 2 hosts.
  Vendor: HP        Model: C5110A            Rev: 3638
  Type:   Processor                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi generic sga at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
  Vendor: IOMEGA    Model: ZIP 100           Rev: 13.A
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 00
Detected scsi removable disk sda at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
  Vendor: E-IDE     Model: CD-ROM 45X/A      Rev: 30
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi1, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
  Vendor: PHILIPS   Model: CDD3610 CD-R/RW   Rev: 3.08
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr1 at scsi1, channel 0, id 2, lun 0
scsi : detected 2 SCSI cdroms 1 SCSI disk total.
sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 0x/20x xa/form2 cdda tray
Uniform CDROM driver Revision: 2.55
sr1: scsi3-mmc drive: 6x/6x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
SCSI device sda: hdwr sector= 512 bytes. Sectors= 196608 [96 MB] [0.1 GB]

this means  for cdrecord I do dev=1,2,0

--dave