Re: Mutt and NFS (reprise)

In article <cistron.19990908123509.A20086@sport750.mia.duc>,
Obi  <graziano@cs.ucsd.edu> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I know this topic already showed up on the mailing list but the solutions
>weren't really up to mu case: that is having the file on the local FS!!
>
>The situation is /home NFS mounted and mutt refusing to do anything to
>every file in the home directory because of the dreaded locking
>mechanism. THe server is a Debian stable machine and the client is an
>unstable Debian client.
>
>What can I do?

If you're running a 2.2 kernel on the NFS client, it tries to do
NFS locking by default. If your server doesn't support that you
have to mount the NFS partition with the option "nolock". That's all.

Mike.
--
... somehow I have a feeling the hurting hasn't even begun yet
	-- Bill, "The Terrible Thunderlizards"