Startup hangs because of bad partition

Hello everyone,

I wanted to move /var to another partition since it kept on
filling up, but I accidentally forgot to make its partition a
Linux one and now Linux won't start. When I boot it, it
asks me for my root password for maintenance or press
Crtl+D to continue booting. If I put in the password, I get a
limited set of programs including no text editor so I can't
edit /etc/fstab and fix everything. If I press Ctrl+D, it'll stop
when it's turning on syslog or something starting with 'sys'.
Any ideas? I have it boot to the x-server/KDE through KDM,
BTW, if that makes any difference. If I could just edit /etc/fstab,
everything would be fine.

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
B Grafyx  http://www.bgrafyx.com