offtopic: bttv

Hi all,

I need help with bttv! This summer I was using Slink. At the beginning,
when I 'insmod bttv card=6' linux crashed completly. Then, at the end of
the summer, insmod worked fine and I was able to see the TV. I don't know
what was happening. Now, I've removed debian completly, and installed
potato. I've compiled kernel 2.2.12 (I was using 2.2.4) and insmod fails
again. The videodev is compiled into the kernel and bttv, i2c, tuner and
msp3400 are modules. I can install all of them except bttv. I don't know
what's happening, but I need HELP!.

Oh, I have an AverMedia TV Phone kit (with tuner, type 1) & Sound Blaster
16.

Thanks.