Re: What driver do i use for a 3com Etherlink XL pci

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 05:43:25AM -0400, William T Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Sep 1999, David Blackman wrote:
>
> > that's it, what driver do I use for a 3com etherlink XL pci,
> >
> > it's the card my DSL supplier supports
>
> I don't know, but you don't have to use their card.  Unless they're paying
> *very* close attention they won't even be able to tell.  If you already
> have an ethernet card that works, just use it instead.  Of course, if
> they're giving you the 3com, then you'll want to find a driver. :}

Well, they could give out his IP address based on his ethernet card's MAC
address using DHCP. It might make all the difference in the world. :)

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!