Re: Good books

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, John Foster wrote:
> I highly recommend "Running Linux" by O'Reilly & Associates. I have the
> 2nd edition and hope they release the 3rd edition soon as it needs
> updating. The value is that you can learn how to set up your system any
> way you want it from this primer, as it is a good LINUX tutorial,
> without being specefic to Debian. Using it will teach you to be the
> master of any system, be it SUSE, RedHat, Debian , or just taking the
> bull by the horns and doing raw installs from GNU stuff, right off the
> rack.

The third edition should be out any time now (I believe you can currently
order it from Amazon, although they can't deliver yet).  It has been
substantially updated, and covers several new topics- it went through the
proofreading stage about four months ago, so should be coming off the
presses fairly soon.

Julian

--
Julian Midgley                          Tel: +44 1223 422322
Technical Support Manager               jmidgley@zeustechnology.com