Re: X Driver for Viper V770D AGP Graphics?

Hello!

On Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 03:35:14PM -0600, Duggan Dieterly wrote:
> i can't find the X driver for my viper v770d agp 32 MB graphics board.
> does anyone know if a driver has been written for this board?  can i use
> anyother drivers?  is this board so new that a driver hasn't been written for
> it?
> --

Viper V770d?

I haven't seen that one, maybe you mean V770 or V770-Ultra? If you do then:

The Diamond Viper V770 has very good drivers, (and also the other cards
with the TNT2 chipset),  you have two choices:

1.  http://www.nvidia.com

  Look for Drivers, download, Linux. You will find an xserver with glx (For
open-gl) that you can download, and replace the standard X SVGA server.
(This is what I have right now)

2. Use the latest X-Free. Nvidia helped with the Linux drivers, and I think
that they got added to XFree 3.3.4, anyway, If you use the latest version of
Xfree you will have no problems. You need to install the SVGA X server.

This card runs great in Linux, we have run Quake II with glx acceleration,
and Quake III arena test too.    :)

Alexis Maldonado
DYMSA

DYMSA - Disenos y Montajes S.A.
Tel. +(506) 227-5616   Fax. +(506) 227-5257

e-mail: dymsacr@racsa.co.cr

PO Box:  Apdo 171-2010 Zapote
         San Jose, Costa Rica

Address:  500 mts Sur de Rotonda de Zapote
          Edificio DYMSA
          San Jose, Costa Rica
          Central America