How to reset time information

Hi all:

I posted earlier aboout my troubles with getting the system time and
my Netscape time in sync.

I set my timezone to US/Pacific when I installed. I just noticed
that there is an America/Los Angeles timezone, and I thought I'd
give it a try. Only one problem...how do I do it?

In the absence of a nice little utility, can I just create a new
link for /etc/localtime and enter America/Los Angeles in
/etc/timezone and reboot?

I'm at a loss here. What process keeps track of the time so I can
take a look at a man page?

TIA
--
Mark Wagnon       )     Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __