Re: Why use Debian? Why not Red Hat?

On  1 Sep, Mark Brown wrote:

> Doing a distribution upgrade without *having* to reboot is rather nice.

It is not only rather nice. It is wonderful! We chose Debian becuase it
is a great distro when it comes to admin in remotely. Our server is
co-located on another continent than our company location. Running
Debian has been incredibly problem free for us. Not only can we add and
upgrade remotely. Debian has dselect/apt which it as great (almost
intuitive) tool for maintaining and upgrading the system.

I guess I also should mention that we do not have downtime at all! :)

Regards,
Christian Dysthe
E-mail: cdysthe@oddbird.dyndns.org
Web: http://oddbird.dyndns.org/cdysthe/