Re: Setting up Soundcard

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, B. Szyszka wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a Sound Blaster AWE64 sound card and am looking for
> pointers on what I need to do to set it up on Debian Linux. What
> programs would I need? I have the latest KDE version (1.1.1 I
> believe) with the various programs for playing multimedia files,
> but don't have my soundcard configured yet.

	As suggested in other msg, the kernel docs for AWE is very good.
This means that you'll have to recompile your kernel. I would suggest you
to get a 2.2.x kernel (x != 3).
	Following the kernel instructions I was able to set my AWE32 w/o
problem. The only concern is about BIOS. If your bios has option for
PnP OS, set this to NO. After this, all is working fine for me.

Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21