Re: cfdisk doesn't work with Windows 98 Long Disk Support?!
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: cfdisk doesn't work with Windows 98 Long Disk Support?!
- From: Gerald.Preissler@gmx.de
- Date: 31 Aug 1999 20:30:48 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: Duggan Dieterly's message of "Tue, 31 Aug 1999 9:06:56 MDT"
- References: <199908311506.JAA06255@olympus.fc.hp.com>
Duggan Dieterly <email@example.com> writes:
> at this point, i'm considering installing red hat. i have to buddies who
> have very similar machines, and they installed red hat with no problem.
You could try to use Redhat's fdisk to partition your disk, then install
debian. I had similar problems, and I partition magic is the only program
I could find that creates partitions that *all* bs I installed can handle.
It is not cheap, but I find in the long run it pays off.
Just being paranoid does not mean they´re *not* out to get you...