RE: FTP Install

> 	Thanks for your response, For the info of everyone it seems that FTP
> install capabilities are not yet a reality for debian. In my experience
> installing debian is no longer a reality. I have in my possession three
> different debian CD's. One I created on the ftp site, one from cheap bytes,
> and one from the Debian GNU / Linux; Guide to installation and usage. I have
> tried to install all of these CD's on three different machines. I have yet
> to be successful. All of my machines get hung up on the "now booting the
> kernel.." message. I am at a lose for what to do. Maybe I have just been
> spoiled by the ease of which freebsd installs itself.

It sounds like the kernel doesn't like something in you're hardware.  I'm
at a loss as to what to suggest on that.  The address below has some BIOS
settings suggestions.  Maybe it doesn't like something in your BIOS
settings.  Other than that, i just don't have any ideas.

http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/ch-preparing.en.html#s3.3

I put the Debian list on the cc line in hopes someone there will know
more.

Sorry I don't know more,
Patrick