> > but:
> > my @data_sources=DBI->data_sources("mysql");print @data_sources;
> >
> > outputs:
> > nothing.
>
> Can you connect to mysql using:
>
> mysql -u <name> -p
>
> ?
>
> Jens

I can, and successful remote connections as well. And php3 can connect as my webserver user. Only perl has problems against my local compiled version.

Last night I installed the Slink mysql-server. When I stopped the original mysql and started the Debian package my mod-auth-mysql stopped working . . . and I assume the whole php3 database queries as well. (No connection, no confirmation ...).

Against the Debian version of mysql-server I was unable to connect with the user in the Perl program. The reason behind this is that I am using table and column priviledge access restrictions. These were not incorporated until mysql v 3.22.11 and the Debianized version is 3.21.33. Therefore while the tables are good, the mysql-server doesn't know about some of my client users (those restricted to tables and columns).

Is the libdbd-mysql-perl built with the new table and column grants in mind or with the old way. This would make a difference.
--
Cheers,
Lance Levsen