Fresh install questions

I am trying to do a fresh install of Debian 2.1r2 using the 4 disk set.

I am following 'Installing Debian GNU/Linix For Intal x86' as well as
dselect Documentation for Beginners.

After about a half a dozen unsuccessful installs I am now going to do this
step by step, not proceeding when I receive error messages or am faced with
questions for which I do not know the answer.

Here is where I am now:

I have successfuly reached 7.23 (see the first mentioned reference) Select
and Install Profiles.  There I selected Work_std (for standard workstation).

At that point I was told to skip the [S] step, since the selection of
packages was made by virtue of selecting Work_std, and rather I should just
use "A, U and go to I afterward."

The second document refered to above describes the multi_cd method and
advises that I should begin with the second binary CD, i.e. CD 2 and I have
done so.

Immediatly I am told:

"I can't find the non-free 'Packages.cd' file.  The information in the
'Packages.cd' file is important........."

finally leading to the point at which I am stopped:

'Where is the _non-fee_ 'Pacakges.cd' file (if none is available, say
'none') [ ] ?

If I answer none to this I will be beginning the path which I took the
previous half a dozen times and make no forward progress.

So what is the correct answer to this question?  And how could I be expected
to know the answer in the first place.  Keep in mind that I have the full 4
disc set, I have read the documentation noted above and have no idea of what
the correct answer should be.

Thanks

Ron