Re: fonts and tetex

> When I have added new fonts and run texhash I will still on occasion
> get failures and messages like those you report.
>
> The only way I have found to fix it is to run metafont by hand on the
> relevant source files (i.e. those with the .mf extension in the
> `source' directory) and move the generated .tfm files into the
> relevant directories by hand (then run texhash again).

I don't recall seeing my reply, so here goes again:

It turned out to be a bug in dselect, which I've filed.  Dselect?
how?

apt-get was timing out with only a partial package on one of the tetex
files.  Nonetheless, dselect got the idea that the package installed
separately (I thought it used the same database as dpkg, which knew it
wasn't installed . . .)   After about four fails this way, and filing
a bug against tetex for the wrong md5sum, i found that I could
download the package with netscape and install by hand.

rick