Re: kernel 2.2.12

Stavros wrote:

> the problem had something to do with the xconfig.
> after i did menuconfig, saved and exit everything warked fine.
>
> thnanks everyone.

Hi,

thanks for this hint. I had that same error message (PAGE_OFFSET_RAW'
undeclared).
I had copied my .config from a 2.2.10 kernel source, used 'make xconfig'
and compiling failed. I then tried 'make oldconfig' and it asked me:

	Maximum Physical Memory (1GB, 2GB) [1GB] (NEW)

Obviously, 'make xconfig' fails to set this parameter. Or is use of
'make oldconfig' mandatory, when using an old .config?

Heinrich Rebehn
                        "Have Disk - will travel"
University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:rebehn@comm.uni-bremen.de
Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341