Re: ppp with dynamic name server

hi ya david

> I have an ISP that says they provide full service for $4.95/month,
> unlimited time. Of course, they have all the usual fine print.

it means you need to setup your ppp dialer ( /etc/ppp/ppp-on )
to use dynamic ip instead of static...

	- save a copy and edit ppp-on  for this ISP connection ( ppp-on.isp )
	- change the IP# to 0.0.0.0 for their ip# and for your ip#...
	- when you dial their ppp server, with your login and passswd
	  it will assign you an dynamic ip#... ( different one each time ? )

	- if they are running dhcp...that's another twist to the puzzle..
	  but it simplifies the dns/gw issues...

	- you need to configure your files to show a fixed
	  dns server...and their gateway... ( they can tell you that )

for more info:
	/usr/doc/ppp-2.x.y/scripts

have fun
alvin