Re: Problem with cfdisk - need help!

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 07:47:27AM -0600, Duggan Dieterly wrote:
> i followed the instructions using FIPS to partition my hard drive.  the
> drive is a 25 GB drive.  the partitioning of DOS partitions seems to have
>
> when i run linux cfdisk, i go to partition the hard drive to create linux
> partitions, and i get the following message:
>
>         FATAL ERROR:  Bad primary partition
>     Press any key to exit fdisk

Use fdisk instead but fdisk will complain about cylinder bigger than 1024. Try use x(pert) function -> c(ylinder) to set the correct number, then fdisk has no problem handling big HD. But I have tried it up to 13GB only.

Chanop

| Chanop Silpa-Anan                       <chanop@syeng.anu.edu.au>           |
| Australian National University                                              |
| visit my web site (not yet finished)                                        |
| http://hilbert.anu.edu.au/~chanop/                                          |
|             FreeBSD             ICQ uin 11366301                            |