Re: Problem with cfdisk - need help!

> when i run linux cfdisk, i go to partition the hard drive to create linux
> partitions, and i get the following message:
>
>         FATAL ERROR:  Bad primary partition
>     Press any key to exit fdisk
>
> i can 'view partitions' with cfdisk.  it shows me that there are 2 FAT32
> partitions on my hard disk.

Could you send us the entire output?  I'd say print the allocation
table from dos, but it won't recognize the output.  Specifically, give
us the start/stop information, and the file system types or numbers.

also, what size of disk is it?  And fwiw, here's mine:

                              cfdisk 0.8l

                              Disk Drive: /dev/hda
               Heads: 64   Sectors per Track: 63   Cylinders: 525

    Name        Flags      Part Type  FS Type          [Label]        Size (MB)
    hda1        Boot        Primary   DOS FAT16 (big)  [           ]     338.63
    hda2                    Primary   Linux Swap                         127.97
    hda3                    Primary   Linux ext2                         567.00

     [Bootable]  [ Delete ]  [  Help  ]  [Maximize]  [ Print  ]
     [  Quit  ]  [  Type  ]  [ Units  ]  [ Write  ]