Re: PnP SB16 Problems

I have one friends with SB16 vibra working with potato/2.2.x. I forgot how actually we did it.

In kernel config we have

CONFIG_PNP=y
CONFIG_PNP_PARPORT=m

in /etc/modules we have

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a `#', and everything on the line after them are ignored.
# An entry named `auto' will cause the system to start kerneld immediately.
# Kerneld then loads modules on demand. `noauto' disables kerneld completely.

sb

in /etc/modutils we have sound file that has

options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 mpu_io=0x330

from above you'll see that we give only one dma instead of two (including dma16=?) to the sb modules which I took this idea from OSS driver.

hope this help,

Chanop

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 06:28:13AM +0000, Andrew Clark wrote:
> Has anyone had any success getting an SB16 (Vibra 16 really) PnP to work with
> debian,  I tried configuring the kernel with the same options that CTCM
> displays when you run it, then booting to DOS, running CTCM and then booting
> linux via loadlin (with and without sound=0x6220933)
| Chanop Silpa-Anan                 <Chanop.Silpa-Anan@syseng.anu.edu.au>     |
| Australian National University                                              |
| Tel. +61 2 6279 8826, +61 2 6279 8837 (office hour)                         |
|      +61 2 6249 5240 (home +voice mail)                                     |
|           Debian GNU Hurd           ICQ uin 11366301                        |