Re: Need "ä" in a label, in a plot.

Patrik Magnusson <patrik@pedgr634.sn.umu.se> wrote:
> When I run latex on this file I get a heap of error messages:
> ! LaTeX Error: Command \Diamond not provided in base LaTeX2e.

My LaTeX Companion says on page 184 that \Diamond was defined in
LaTeX 2.09, but it is no longer defined in the base setup of NFSS
(New Font Selection Scheme). You should put a \usepackage{latexsym}
to make \Diamond and its friends available in LaTeX2e. The book
also says that if you use amsfonts or the amssymb package, you can
access the Diamond symbol that way.

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland