CODA network filesystem

I am considering setting up a CODA network filesystem for our widely
spread out school district.

Currently we have linux servers in each of 7 school buildings that use
samba and netatalk to provide filesharing services. Each server has
10-40 GB of storage. This works well, but we would like to simplify
administration and share more stuff across the district. There are
several hundred Macs and PCs attached to these servers at 10 or 100Mbs.

One building (the high school) has a T3 connection to the internet, the
others have T1's.

I propose to set up a CODA server(s) at the high school that might
initally have ~100GB of storage but could scale up over the next year to
1TB or more. We find that our data storage needs are growing rapidly as
faculty and students move up the learning curve and especially as they
incorporate multimedia into their work.

The linux servers in the other schools would be CODA clients. A major
portion of their local storage could become local CODA cache. Initially
we could continue to use samba and netatalk to 'retail' shared volumes
to the Macs and PCs. Later we could push CODA client capability to at
least the PCs.

Does anyone have any useful pointers or comments on this approach? Any
experience?

Thanks,
ml