Re: make-kpkg and 2.2.12

Brian Servis <servis@purdue.edu> wrote:
> *- On 27 Aug, Phillip Deackes wrote about "Re: make-kpkg and 2.2.12"
>
> > Oh, I didn't realise you needed make-kpkg clean -
> > What effect would me not using it have?
> >

> On a prestine source it is not needed.  But if you have used make-kpkg
> in the past on the source in the current tree and there exists a file
> stamp-configure then the --revision option is ignored.  You
> should always clean the source especially if you have patched the
> kernel
> up from an earlier version, you need to remove all the old object
> files.
> See the make-kpkg man page and the README in /usr/doc/kernel-package.

Thanks for that. As soon as I got your reply I re-compiled my kernel. I
did 'make mrproper' (as I always do), then 'make xconfig', 'make-kpkg
clean' and 'make-kpkg --revision ......' I noticed that 'make-kpkg
clean' deleted quite a few bits and pieces.

I had always wondered why I always got a custom-1.0 kernel despite
entering different numbers!

Take care.

--
Phillip Deackes