Re: Riva TNT

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Samantha Summers wrote:

) I have a Velocity 4400 which uses the Riva TNT.
)
) I thought this was built in the SVGA X server, but if it is, XF86Setup
) doesn't see it.
)
) I think I have the most current XF86Setup and SVGA server offered in stable.
) They are both 3.3.2.3a-11.

Check the NVidia web site for instructions on building a TNT-enabled SVGA
X server.  You'll need XFree86 3.3.3.1 and a library from their ftp site:

ftp://ftp1.detonator.nvidia.com/pub/drivers/english/riva-tnt-tnt2-vanta/linux

There's an FAQ there with some info on setting things up.

-Evan

Evan Day		| "These people looked deep into my soul and assigned
SMTP->day@peak.org	|  me a number based upon the order in which I joined"