Re: How to clear console before login promtp ?

Alex, the traditional answer is to use an alias along the lines of:
clear;logout

I would imagine you could also piece /etc/inittab(/etc/initab? I forget..)
to make the line for tty1 to look like the lines for tty2, tty3, etc.. but,
no linux system online right now to check that one. :(