Re: Automatic software installing (like Win. 2000)

> <sarcasm>
> You could just get really spiffy and rewrite glibc's exec*() calls to do
> all of this. Then when you execute a command as root, like accidentally
> typing ssh instead of sh, then all of the sudden you have an import/export
> restricted piece of software automatically installed on your system!

THat right when as root!! I don't like the feature to begin with, but
it would ONLY work properly when executed AS ROOT.. can you imagine
the inherit security risks of automatically installing software as root
without the administrator explicitly oking and asking for??
Plus for the feature TO BE USEFUL AT ALL you would have to be running
somesort of root privilages.. Doing everyday work AS ROOT???
I don't think so..

Philip..