Re: Logitech Mouseman / X

On Wed, Aug 25, 1999 at 08:47:48AM -0500, Brian Servis wrote:

> boot, 'Detected PS/2 Mouse Port.'

Yes, I see this on bootup and the mouse does work with gpm so I think the
problem is related to X only.

>     Protocol      "MouseMan"

Tried that and everything else I could find.  Someone suggested I try
MouseManPlusPS/2 but this had the same effect ... mouse jitters around the
screen and ends in top left corner.

As an experiment I plugged on a Microsoft PS/2 mouse and this does the same as
the logitech ... left corner.

>     Device        "/dev/psaux"

Yes that's what I'm using.  I have noticed one thing though.  There is an error
in X's startup messages:

/dev/mouse Unable to get status of mouse fd (Inappropriate ioctl for device)

I'm not sure why X is even looking for /dev/mouse since I tell it /dev/psaux
so I removed /dev/mouse and linked it to /dev/psaux but still get the same
error.

I will for now just use a serial mouse ... must get back to work :-(

Fraser