Re: Logitech Mouseman / X

*- On 25 Aug, Fraser Campbell wrote about "Logitech Mouseman / X"
> Hi all,
>
> Just got a new computer and cannot get the mouse to work with X no matter what
> I try.  The mouse is 3 buttons, PS/2 and labeled as a Logitech Mouseman.
>
> gpm works fine with it.  X does not.  I have tried every mouse type with it and
> the mouse cursor simply jumps to the top left corner of the screen as soon as it
> is touched.
>
> I have disabled gpm so it is definitely not a conflict with gpm.

Just asking some basic questions.

Do you have ps/2 mice configured in the kernel?  You should have a
'CONFIG_PSMOUSE=y' or 'CONFIG_PSMOUSE=m' in your kernel config file. If
it is compiled in you should see something like the following during
boot, 'Detected PS/2 Mouse Port.'

Your Pointer section in XF86Config should minimally work with the
following.

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol      "MouseMan"
    Device        "/dev/psaux"