Re: Collecting mail for other users with fetchmail?

*- On 25 Aug, Phillip Deackes wrote about "Collecting mail for other users with fetchmail?"
> I use currently use fetchmail to collect mail from my IP's POP server.
> There are three users on this system. My IP allows email addresses in
> the form username@hostname.dircon.co uk, therefore allowing each user on
> my system to have their own email address. To log on and collect mail,
> the 'hostname' is given then my password. *All* mail for that hostname
> is then downloaded by fetchmail - the problem is that any mail for other
> users appears in *my* mailbox (/var/spool/mail/gsmh).
>
> How can I ensure that mail for another user on my system gets into the
> correct mailbox?

Use syntax like the following in your fetchmailrc.

poll <isp.com> with protocol pop3 timeout 60:
  user <username1> there has password <password1> is <localuser1> here
  user <username2> there has password <password2> is <localuser2> here

Read the fetchmail man page for more details.

--
Brian