[no subject]

Hi,
	I am trying to upgrade my debian 1.3 distribution to something a
little more recent. I have installed the apt-get package developed for this
distribution and intend to use this to upgrade.

As I sit behind a proxyserver for http and ftp services I need to configure
apt-get to download the packages using these proxies. I read with interest
on this mailing list that this can be done via /etc/apt.conf, however this
version on apt-get does not have that file and says nothing about it in the
man pages :-(.

Has anyone successfully upgraded from debian 1.3 to 2.0 through a proxy
using the version of apt-get developed for this distribution? If so how did
you configure apt-get to use the proxy?

Cheers
David