Re: ipconfig eth0:1 down doesnt do what i think it would

It sounds like the real solution is to not add your static IP to eth0. Does it really
need to be? What network is on eth0? What's the regular IP on eth0? What IP are you
trying to add? I'm guessing there's a better way to accomplish whatever it is you're
trying to accomplish by settings this static IP address to eth0:1.