[Debian] Multiport Ethernet boards?

Howdy,

I believe somebody posted a message about this some time ago
but I couldn't find it in the archives (actualy I don't know
what to look for :-).  I want to build a router using a PC
running Linux. Unfortunately there aren't enough PCI slots to
accomodate all networkadapters.  Are there any multiport
ethernet adapters around that are supported by Linux?

Considering I want to build a router with 9 network interfaces
(preferably 100Base-Tx but I guess that's too much to ask for :-),
what kind of PC should I use (it will only do routing and maybe
DNS).  Will a Pentium 233MMX do the trick or should I go for
a PIII 550. Will 64MB do or should I use 128MB, will the amount
of memory have any impact at all on the performance. I figure
the PCI bus will probably be the bottleneck here.

Isn't there a Linux-router or something like that around?

Nico

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SUPC-E/NSSE)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter@sonycom.com