Re: cannot loginto new system

Here's where it got interesting, I found that hosts.allow and hosts.deny
both had 'all' entries, I assumed that the 'all' in hosts.deny might be
the culprit so I deleted the entry and guess what? ssh started working,
but telnet keeps hanging up. In other words, telnet connects, spits out
the escape sequence, then "connection closed by remote host"
Do the hosts.* files hae anything to do with tcp wrappers? is that why
telnet connects then hangs up?