Communicator 4.6.1 Segfaulting under slink

I'm trying to run Communicator 4.6.1 (downloaded 128 bit, non-glibc
version), and every time I try to start up, it waits a few minutes and
segfaults.  Hints as to what to do next?  Do I download and use glibc,
or pull their 56 bit exportable version?  Is this likely a Debian
problem or a Netscape problem (or both)?  Posting to the Netscape
support group didn't get any support.  If this won't work, is there any
Netscape version that will work with reasonable stability?

	-Jonathan